FASTFIT, the SJSU Employee Fitness Program, is available to staff, faculty, emeritus faculty, and retired staff of the University, for limited hours when not in use for student classes.
FASTFIT is managed by students in the Department of Kinesiology as a non-profit service to SJSU employees. Fees charged to clients are used to support student assistants, pay for equipment maintenance, and purchase new equipment.
This program was established to:
- Provide a place for current faculty and staff and retired faculty and staff to exercise without competing with students for equipment and space, and
- Provide professional experiences for Kinesiology major students.
Activities currently available include: weight training, basketball, badminton, table tennis, swimming (more to come)
FASTFIT operates year round at the following times for Spring 2020 (full schedule starts Tuesday Feb 4th):
- Weight training - Monday to Thursday11:30am - 12:20pm(YUH 126) and
Friday 11:30am-1:20pm (YUH126); MWF with assistant
- Basketball - Mon-Thur11:30am - 12:20pm (YUH 106) Fri 12:30-1:20 (SPX 107A/B)
- Badminton - Monday to Thursday 11:30-12:20 (SPX 107B)
- Table Tennis - Monday to Thursday 11:30-12:20 (SPX 107B)
- Swimming - Tuesday and Thursday 12:30-1:20 (SPX 180) with lifeguard; other days MAY become available if a lifeguard can be found.
Cost: $50 per person, $25 for emeritus/retired, which allows unlimited access to either listed activity at the listed times.
Questions: (408) 924-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments in advance to: https://commerce.cashnet.com/KINSsjsu