At the Jack Holland Student Success Center, we are committed to fostering a diverse and supportive community of life-long independent learners by providing comprehensive services to enhance the overall undergraduate experience.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who use the Jack Holland Student Success Center will demonstrate
- Define their short-term and long-term goals in reflection of their values, interests, strengths, and challenges.
- Articulate their goals during advising sessions.
- Discuss problems they face by assessing their cause, how to resolve them, and how to avoid them in the future.
- Identify websites, campus offices, and faculty and/or staff they can discuss with.
- Understand information from university resources to periodically assess progress toward achieving goals (e.g., degree checklist, degree audit reports, information from faculty and staff).
- Knowledge of departmental and university processes and policies.
- Understand how their course selection can help them explore and select alternative concentrations.
- Schedule courses so they can graduate in a timely manner based on their educational plan.
- Know what they can do with a chosen major.
- Clarification of the advising relationship – expectations of advisors and advisees
- Seek and value regular and continued advising