Want To Apply
Lucas College of Business Graduation Application Process
Undergraduate Business Administration students may apply for graduation when they are one semester away from graduating. If you apply for graduation by our deadline, you will receive one semester of priority registration (Spring or Fall). For example: If you expect to graduate Spring 2021, you need to submit your graduation application by the Lucas College of Business graduation application deadline in the Fall 2020 term. You will then receive priority registration in your last semester – Spring 2021).
Step 1: When is your Expected Graduation Term?
Fall 2020 (Submit a Late Graduation Application ASAP!)
The Lucas College of Business Fall 2020 graduation application deadline was Monday, March 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM. We continue to accept late applications.
Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 (Submit a Late Graduation Application Today!)
The Spring or Summer 2021 graduation application deadline was Monday, September 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM. Students who met our deadline received a graduating senior enrollment appointment for Spring 2021. Students who missed our deadline will receive a senior enrollment appointment, which occurs after the graduating senior enrollment appointments. We will accept late applications on October 20, 2020 – December 18, 2020.
Fall 2021 (We begin accepting applications on January 18, 2021)
Step 2: Are you Eligible for Graduation?
Run your MyProgress report on MySJSU (My Progress Video) and check if your Graduation Status indicates: “Eligible for Graduation” and review that your major/concentration is correct. If for some reason, your status is Not Applied, but you believe you should be “Eligible,” please email the Jack Holland Student Success Center and we will review your case. If applicable, we will change your graduation status to “Eligible for Graduation.”
Step 3: Do you follow the Online Graduation Application Instructions or Paper Graduation Application Instructions? Follow the appropriate instructions
Follow the Online Graduation Application Instructions if you are:
- Eligible for Graduation and your major/concentration IS correct on MyProgress
- If your major is NOT correct on MyProgress, complete the Change of Major process, BEFORE beginning the Online Graduation Application Instructions.
- Exception: If your Business Administration concentration is International Business with catalog rights prior to Fall 2016, you must follow the Paper Graduation Application Instructions
Follow the Paper Graduation Application Instructions if you are
- Declared or want to declare the International Business concentration with catalog rights prior to Fall 2016.
- Not eligible to apply online due to other reasons (i.e. need to reapply for reinstatement)