The Research Colloquium Course (UNVS 125M)
The Research Colloquium course (UNVS 125M) is designed to assist McNair Scholars in preparing for graduate study at the doctoral level. This includes research methodology, research writing, protocol for presenting research results at conferences, and more.
Survival at SJSU requires more than academic skills: It requires motivation as well as a commitment to learning. Our advising staff provides support in clarifying goals and finding solutions to personal concerns. We work cooperatively with other campus services to help students obtain information about requirements, course selection, financial aid, career planning, and other resources. Our advising services also include:
- Scholarship and fellowship search and application
- Major/career/graduate program exploration
- Scheduling classes
- Student advocacy
- Assistance with CV, resume, and personal statements
- GRE test preparation
- Support in finding solutions to personal concerns and academic problems for all McNair Scholar students
- Making appropriate referrals to other SJSU resources
- One-on-one sessions with an advisor; 1 hour appointments; three times per semester or as needed for all McNair Scholar students.
- Information on campus resources, policies and procedures for all McNair Scholar students.
Students should use Spartan Connect to make advising appointments.
Writing Tutoring Services