Change of Major

If you are interested in changing your major to Mechanical Engineering, please check out the following links first.

If you have fewer than 45 units completed and have not yet completed Math 30 or enrolled in Phys 50 AND you are not currently an engineering major, you will need to meet with an advisor in the Engineering Student Success Center

If you are tranfserring from a different engineering major or have both completed Math 30 and enrolled in Phys 50 or have more than 45 units, send an email of interest to the ME advising email at If in doubt, send an email to the ME advising email, and we'll direct you to the right place. For urgent questions, you can see Dr. Okamoto during her office hours in Engr 310.