Payment of the Mandatory Health Fee (MHF) allows SJSU students unlimited primary care visits at no additional cost.
- Illness and Injury Treatment: Care for the flu, sprains, lacerations, infections, and etc.
- Physical Examinations: Academic-related (Nursing, Occupational Therapy), pre-employment, routine wellness, SCUBA physical examinations and DMV physical exam for commercial license are available for a nominal fee.
- Preventive Medicine: Health educators and a registered dietitian are available for consultations. Immunizations are available at a reduced cost.
- Women's Health: Evaluation and treatment of gynecological concerns, routine examinations, and contraception counseling. There is a nominal fee for outside lab work done in conjunction with a gynecological exam.
- HIV/AIDS Information: Individual consults and group presentations are provided by health educators and peer health educators. Confidential HIV Testing is $12.
Are you interested in reproductive health care services at no cost to you? Many SJSU students are eligible for Family PACT. Family PACT provides comprehensive family planning services to eligible low income residents. To schedule an eligibility appointment, call the Student Health Center at (408) 924-6122.
- Dermatology: The dermatologist provides examination, treatment & minor surgery for skin concerns. The fee per visit is $7. Referral by a Health Center clinician is required.
- Gender Affirming Care Services: For local resources, contact the Gender Care Clinic at 777 E. Santa Clara St. San
Jose, CA (408) 977-4411.
- Podiatry: Care for foot and podiatry services are offered. Referral by a Health Center clinician is not required.
- Psychiatry: Appointments are available with a psychiatrist. Referral by a Health Center clinician or Counseling and Psychological Services is required.
- Students previously diagnosed and/or treated for ADD/ADHD who request refill of ADD/ADHD medications from the Student Health Center will be required to provide complete documentation of ADD/ADHD evaluation [pdf].
- Students will need to arrange to receive refills of medications from their current prescriber until care has been transferred to the Student Health Center.
- Student Health Center does not provide services for new ADD/ADHD evaluation or testing. For local testing resources, visit Bay Area Assessment Services [pdf] or Wright Institute Assessment Service [pdf].
- Nutrition: Talk to our registered dietitian for any questions and concerns regarding nutrition or body image.
- Physical Therapy: Services available include soft tissue and joint mobilization, ultrasound, electro-stimulation, exercise programs, and hot/cold packs. A referral from a Health Center clinician is required. Crutch/cane rental (free). The per visit fee is $7.
- Sports Medicine: Care for sports-related and orthopedic concerns is provided. Referral by a Health Center clinician is not required.
- Travel Care: Comprehensive travel health consultation (45-minute appointment) is available to reduce risks of illness and accidents when traveling abroad. Download the Travel Medical Consult Questionnaire [pdf]. This form needs to be printed, completed, and faxed to (408) 924-7786 for the student's travel consultation with the MD or NP. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to download this form). The fee for a comprehensive travel consultation is $18.
- Laboratory: Many laboratory tests can be performed in the Health Center Laboratory free of charge. Outside laboratory procedures have varying fees.
- Pharmacy: The Student Health Center Pharmacy fills prescriptions prescribed by licensed U.S. physicians. Over-the-counter products are also available. Prices are competitive.
- Radiology: Student Health Center Imaging is committed to providing outstanding care, utilizing state-of-the-art technology. Our medical professionals conduct studies, maintaining the highest standards of clinical excellence, provided in a compassionate, caring environment.
- Immunizations: Hepatitis B and Measles & Rubella (MMR) are currently available
- Allergy: The Student Health Center does not provide allergy testing or allergy shot administration for students on an advancing dosage regimen.
- If you have a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.
- For after-hours nursing advice, call 1-866-935-6347.
- Nearby hospitals and urgent care centers include:
- Note that services rendered outside the Student Health Center will be at patient’s expense.
For assistance with academic challenges, here are some campus resources: