MEP students can get access to the following resources:
- Dedicated Study Room
- Academic Services
- Industry Access
Resources Details1.Dedicated Study Room
- Study Room: Study space equipped with open-seating and small group study spaces,
computer stations and lockers.
- Quiet Room: Designated open-space study room.
- Peer Mentors: Current MEP student volunteer to support incoming freshmen during
their transition into university life at SJSU. Upon request, newly admitted MEP students
will be paired with an upper‐class student who will serve as a big brother/big sister
throughout their first year.
- Industry Mentors: MEP helps students identify and connect with professionals in the
field who will serve as mentors for a one year period.
- Lower Division Advising:All first and second year undergraduate students will be
assigned a MEP Peer Advisor (MPA) with whom they must meet on a
monthly basis. MPAs become a “go to” person for student needing support or guidance on
navigating the college system, major requirements, on‐campus resources, student life
and involvement, and so on.
- Transfer Advising: All first‐year transfer students will be assigned a MEP Peer Advisor
with whom they must meet at least once per month throughout their first year at SJSU.
MPA’s will help new transfer make a successful transition from their respective
institutions, identify on campus resources, etc.
- Academic advising: Services may include; course selection and registration process,
major requirements and academic support services referrals.
- Study Jams: Weekly study sessions often staffed with industry volunteer tutors who
provide assistance with a variety of subjects including Math, Physics, and other
- Professional Development: Mock interviews, resume development, resume critiques,
time management skills, etc. are among tools and skills students will gain through both
formal and informal activities.
- Industry Networking: Student have an opportunity to connect and network with industry
professionals through a number of MEP sponsored activities including, information
sessions, recruitment events, industry mixers and guided visits to Silicon Valley companies.
- Socials: A number of recreational events organized by MEP serve to help participants
connect with each other and form a supportive community around engineering success.