Congratulations to Dr. Sen Chiao who won the 20-21 Challenge with his prediction of Jan. 28! Well done!
The 20-21 MetCS @ SJSU Rain Contest entries window closes on October 15!!
$50 Amazon gift card for the winner!
Participants may submit 3 free entries!
Email me ASAP with your three choices if you haven't already! Selectable Dates range from today - May 22, 2020
Meteorology and Climate Science 2020-21 Precipitation Forecast Contest.
To guess the date on which cumulative rainfall (Cumulative from the beginning of the SJSU academic year) in San Jose, CA (local time) will exceed 4.0 inches (as measured by our departmental instrumentation on the Duncan Hall.)
How to Play
- This is completely optional -- no one is required to play. But you should play because people who don't play NEVER win!
- Each person is allowed to select 3 dates. Your dates should be emailed to Liz. A maximum of three participants may select the same date. After which it is no longer selectable by others. First come first serve. Liz will inform you if one of your dates is full.
- Selectable Dates range from Sept 22, 2019 - May 22, 2020
- Here is the link to the almighty deciding instrument. The lower right graph is the contest yardstick.
- Entries must be in before October 15 to qualify. I will share the calendar with all the entries on it after the 15th so folks can see where things stand. No further entries will be allowed