Undergraduate Advising

General Education Courses

For advising on GE courses, please contact the College of Science Advising Center (COSAC).

MyProgress can also give you a good overview of what general education courses you have taken and must take in the future. For progress in MetCS coursework, please double check with your advisor.

Changing Your Major

To meteorology or/climate science: please make an appointment for advising.

To another major: please contact COSAC for advising.


Apply to graduate here. Generally a semester before you plan on graduating is a good time. More information about graduating can be found on SJSU's undergraduate graduation page.

MetCS Minors

Minor forms and roadmaps can be found here.

MetCS Student Club

Want to be more involved in the department and socialize with other meteorology/climate science majors? Join the American Meteorological Society SJSU Student Chapter, our MetCS Department club. Information about the club can be found on this page.

Misc. Resources

Information about transfer course articulation can be found here.

Information about SJSU's grading policies can be found here.

Information about dropping and withdrawing from classes can be found here.

Advising for general education, undeclared students, international students and students on probation or who are disqualified is offered by the Jack Holland Student Success Center.

Information on personal counseling services offered by the university can be found here.