In today’s digital world, protecting information is of the highest priority for consumers, business leaders and government officials. Fewer than 10 percent of the estimated 30,000 skilled security talent needed is currently available in the workforce.
Students in our Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity program gain hands-on experience in design, development, testing, and deployment of secure systems, as well as a solid understanding of organizational risk management and records integrity. Further distinguishing the SJSU cybersecurity program, is a strong operational understanding of how human factors influence the security of information systems.
Required Specialization Core (6 units, take both of the following classes)
Specialization Choice (3 units, take one of the following classes)
- CMPE 273 Enterprise Distributed Systems
- CMPE 275 Enterprise Application Development
- CMPE 281 Cloud Technologies
- CMPE 283 Virtualization Technologies
- CMPE 285 Software Engineering Processes
- CMPE 287 Software Quality Assurance and Testing
- CMPE 206 Computer Network Design
- CMPE 207 Network Programming and Applications
- CMPE 257 Machine Learning
- CMPE 258 Deep Learning