Parent & Family Orientation
Join us this summer!
We welcome parents and family members to attend the 2-day Parent and Family Orientation to learn more about SJSU and how you can play a supportive role in helping your student succeed. We offer orientation programs for both families of freshman and transfer students.
While at orientation, you will learn and talk about:
- Information on class registration and paying bills
- SJSU traditions and culture
- Academic requirements
- Housing & dining options
- Health & wellness
- University Police
- SJSU policies & procedures
2022 Sparta Camp (Frosh Orientation) - Parent/Family Orientation Dates
Parent/Family Orientation for freshman takes place concurrently with your student's Sparta Camp session, please refer to the list of session dates found below. Please note that Parent and Family Orientation is a 2-day experience.
- Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 1, 2022
- Thursday, July 7 - Friday, July 8, 2022
- Tuesday, July 12 - Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Tuesday, July 19 - Wednesday, July 20, 2022
- Friday, July 22 - Saturday, July 23, 2022
- Tuesday, July 26 - Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Tuesday, August 2 - Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Tuesday, August 9 - Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Parent and Family Orientation Schedule
You can access the Parent and Family Orientation Schedule HERE [pdf].
Register for Sparta Camp - Parent/Family Orientation
You may register for orientation in your student's nextsteps.sjsu.edu portal. Scroll down the homepage and select guest option. There is a $90 per guest fee for Parent and Family Orientation. The $90 fee is non-refundable.
Your CASHnet registration receipt is your confirmation of registration. You will be placed in the session on the same day as your student's Sparta Camp session. You will receive a confirmation letter one week prior to your session with more information upon registering.
Local Hotels & Accommodations
Overnight accommodations are NOT provided as a part of the Parent and Family orientation.
For more information contact us at email@example.com or 408-924-5972.