What is a DPD Verification Statement?
- The DPD Verification Statement is an official document signed by the DPD director certifying a student has successfully completed both a baccalaureate degree and the program’s ACEND-accredited dietetics coursework requirements.
- An official transcript showing the grades received and stating “Degree Conferred” is required to issue the Verification Statement.
- SJSU students graduating with a BS in Nutritional Science, concentration in Dietetics OR
- SJSU students completing the MS in Nutritional Science and the DPD program
The Verification Statement is the official document needed when applying to:
- Dietetic internship programs
- RD exam
- NDTR exam
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics active membership
- Potential employers
Steps for requesting a DPD Verification Statement:
- Complete the Declaration of Intent Request form.
- Meet with the DPD director to discuss policies and procedures (DPD Handbook).
- Request a DPD Verification Statement after completing the program.
Declaration of Intent
This standard document is given as a contract with a list of classes required for successful completion of the DPD Program.
The Declaration of Intent allows students to apply for a dietetic internship during their final semester before graduating.
The Declaration of Intent is the first document issued upon transcript evaluation. In order to receive a DPD Verification Statement, you must first request a Declaration of Intent.
When should you request a Declaration of Intent?
- One year prior to graduating.
- Summer after receiving C or better in NUFS 108A or early in the fall semester when you register for NUFS 110A.
- MS students - upon admission to the graduate program