The Wound & Ostomy Education Program
About the W&O Program
The Valley Foundation School of Nursing is offering the post-baccalaureate specialty education program for registered nurses to provide acute and rehabilitative needs for people with abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, and pressure ulcers. Upon completion of the program, nurses can take the Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing (WOCN) Certification Board exams in one or both specialties.
The Wound & Ostomy Education Program at The Valley Foundation School of Nursing is accredited by the Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing Society (WOCN).
Please visit the official website for information about the Wound and Ostomy Education Program. If you have any questions or general inquiries, please contact 408-924-3183 or email WOEPfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Be eligible to take the WOCNCB speciality certification exam(s).
- Utilize knowledge and skills to provide current, comprehensive, client-and-family-centered nursing practice for clients with wounds and/or ostomies across the lifespan.
- Implement clinical programs to prevent and manage skin breakdowns.
- Establish collaborative relationship with other healthcare professionals.
- Provide staff development education in a variety of clinical settings.
- Participate and collaborate in research to enhanve evidence-based practice in wound and/or ostomy nursing.
- Assume responsibility of one's own professional nursing practice according to the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice.
FREE Ostomy Clinic for Children and Adults
The clinic is held at the SJSU Health Building by certified ostomy nurses on Friday afternoons with the exception of school holidays and semester breaks. Call 408-924-3422 for an appointment today. If a scheduler is not available to take the call, please leave a message and the call will be returned as soon as possible. We will issue parking passes to clients prior to or during the appointment.