Students and Employees
To appeal a parking citation, students, faculty and staff can:
- Click the SJSU Parking Online Services button
- Login to your parking account
- Select Appeal Citations
To appeal a parking citation, visitors, guests, vendors, and contractors can:
- Complete our Parking Citation Initial Review (Appeal)_(Docusign) form.
- Include your name, address, phone number, email address, the citation number, vehicle’s license plate number, a contesting statement, and any other relative information.
- To submit: Docusign the form and click ‘Finish’
- Should you want to submit supporting documents, in addition to submit the form above, please email the supporting documents separately to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the citation number into the email subject line.
- The appeal results will be mailed within 3 to 4 weeks.
Explain why you believe the citation should be dismissed. Your request must be made within 21 days of receiving the citation. If the citation was issued for No Valid Permit, provide the permit number or a copy of the permit. An appeal response will be mailed to you.
If the violation is upheld and your appeal is denied, you have the right to request an administrative hearing, no later than 21 calendar days following the appeal response. The hearing will be held at a location away from the campus. If not contesting, further payment will be due within 21 days of the appeal response.
Late fees will not be applied while your appeal is being processed. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 408-924-6556.