Electric Vehicle Charging
San Jose State University is excited to announce the availability of our EV (electric vehicle) charging stations from ChargePoint! We have 17 parking spaces and 12 charging units located in the North Garage – section 3B/3C/4G and North Garage 6th Floor. We have an additional four parking spaces/charging units in Lot 4.
The EV charging stations can charge all electric and most plug-in hybrid vehicles. They are safe, reliable, and easy to use. Chargers are Level II, industry standard (J1772) charging stations.
7 Important Details about the EV Charging Stations:
- Only Electric Vehicles are permitted in the spaces and they must be actively charging.
- Vehicle must be moved after charging.
- There is a 4 hour time limited at each space.
- A valid SJSU physical or virtual parking permit is required.
- Prepayment charging fee is required in addition to the valid SJSU parking permit.
Prepayment charging fee can be paid hourly via ChargePoint mobile app or ParkMobile
app (Zone #). Click the following link for instructions on how to use the apps:
ChargePoint mobile app instructions ParkMobile app instructions
- Special events may restrict charging availability.
- Failure to adhere to the EV charging station regulation may result in a parking citation.
Charging Fee Rates: $2/hour (starting Feb. 17, 2020)
For more information, please click on the following links: