Fall 2020 PARKING NOTICE
We would like to remind everyone that a valid parking permit is required at all times while parked on campus. Parking is enforced 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
In an effort to support Social Distancing, Parking Services will implement the following changes:
- Parking Services will have reduced office hours, Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Park & Ride shuttle services are suspended until further notice.
- ‘S’ Commuter virtual permits are valid at Park & Ride Lot, but there will be no shuttle service to main campus.
- Park & Ride Fall semester permits will not be sold.
- If you are a housing student and need to park your car on campus, please reach out
to Housing Services to see if you can park your vehicle in the Campus Village Garage.
As with previous years, parking permits will be sold online. Permit sales begin on July 15, 2020!
Please keep in mind that due to COVID-19 measures, all current plans for 2020-2021 are tentative and subject to change. Please check our parking website (www.sjsu.edu/parking) for the latest updates.
Parking Services will provide parking updates as we know more about the impact of COVID-19 on San Jose State University parking in Fall 2020.
Virtual parking permits for new permit purchases
Parking Services at San Jose State University issues virtual permits to all students. Virtual parking permits allow you to park in your designated area without being required to display a physical permit. Your vehicle license plate is your parking permit. Make sure you take picture of your license plate to have it ready when you purchase your virtual parking permit. Visit virtual permit FAQ for additional information.
There Is No Grace Period for Parking
There is NO free parking on Campus.
Practice Social Distancing for your safety
You will be able to conduct the following parking needs quickly and easily from the safety of your phone or computer:
Permit purchase – Faculty/Staff/Student
Use our web portal!
Be Safe! Don’t Wait In Line!
Buy Parking Permits or Pay Citations Online!
Go to Parking Services Online to conveniently purchase your virtual parking permit or pay citations. All virtual semester and academic year permits are available online.
- No Additional Fees
- No Lines – No Waiting
Hourly and Daily Permits
Hourly and daily virtual permit can be purchased via ParkMobile App or via new Digital pay stations, available within parking facilities.
- $1 per 30 minutes, $8 daily maximum (expires at 11:59 pm)
- $5 daily maximum applies after 5:30 pm and on weekends
- $10 overnight parking available in the South Garage only (permit expires at 7:00 am the following day)
- Coins, $1/$5/$10 bills, Visa & MasterCard accepted at pay stations
- Pay station takes exact change only. No change is dispersed. No refund is given.
- Parking Services does not provide refund for overpayment made at the pay stations.
- Permits purchased via pay stations within garages and via ParkMobile main campus zones are valid only in General Parking in all garages.
For more information or to review the Parking Rules and Regulations, visit our website: www.sjsu.edu/parking or call (408) 924–6557.
If you are being drop-off or dropping someone off, please utilize our new passenger loading zones that are located around the perimeter of the campus on 4th, San Fernando, 10th, and San Salvador Streets.
A map of the SJSU Drop Off Areas can be found on our website at:
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.
Payroll deduction parking permits are not sold online and must be purchased from the Parking Services office.
Please note that Housing parking permits are not valid for parking in the Campus Village Garage. Please contact University Housing Services to purchase Campus Village Garage-specific parking permits.