SPRING 2020 PARKING NOTICE
Beware: Limited Parking and Heavy Traffic
During the first few weeks of instruction, traffic is unusually heavy and finding parking is difficult! Please plan accordingly and consider using the SJSU Park & Ride Lot (see below) or your VTA EcoPass for public transportation.
- Throughout the semester, the parking garages usually fill to capacity prior to 9:00 am and remain full past noon. After 8:30 a.m., it is recommended that you go to Park & Ride Lot. For real time parking capacity in garages, please go to ParkStash App.
Virtual parking permits for new permit purchases
Parking Services at San Jose State University issues virtual permits to all students. Virtual parking permits allow you to park in your designated area without being required to display a physical permit. Your vehicle license plate is your parking permit. Make sure you take picture of your license plate to have it ready when you purchase your virtual parking permit. Visit virtual permit FAQ for additional information.
There Is No Grace Period for Parking
There is NO free parking on Campus.
Avoid traffic and parking frustration…
Use SJSU Park & Ride Lot!
- Location: The “SJSU Park & Ride Lot” is located eight blocks south of the main campus on S. 7th Street at E. Humboldt Street across from Spartan Stadium.
- Shuttle: Free, frequent shuttle service is provided to/from the main campus Monday through Thursday, 6:30 am to 10:20 pm during Fall & Spring Semesters only. The shuttle provides all-day service to Duncan Hall. There is NO Fri/Sat/Sun service.
- For Park & Ride Virtual Semester Permit information, please visit our webpage at http://www.sjsu.edu/parking/permits/park_n_ride/
- To access real time shuttle location, please go to DoubleMap App
Don’t Wait In Line!
Buy Parking Permits or Pay Citations Online!
Go to www.sjsu.edu/parking to conveniently purchase your virtual parking permit or pay citations. All virtual semester and academic year permits are available online.
- No Additional Fees
- No Lines – No Waiting
Hourly and Daily Permits
Hourly and daily virtual permit can be purchased via ParkMobile App or via new Digital pay stations, available within parking facilities.
- $1 per 30 minutes, $8 daily maximum (expires at 11:59 pm)
- $5 daily maximum applies after 5:30 pm and on weekends
- $10 overnight parking available in the South Garage only (permit expires at 6:00 am the following day)
- Coins, $1/$5/$10 bills, Visa & MasterCard accepted at pay stations
- Pay station takes exact change only. No change is dispersed. No refund is given.
- Parking Services does not provide refund for overpayment made at the pay stations.
- Permits purchased via pay stations within garages and via ParkMobile main campus zones are valid only in General Parking in all garages.
For more information or to review the Parking Rules and Regulations, visit our website: www.sjsu.edu/parking or call (408) 924–6556.
UPD Officers provide traffic control during the beginning of each semester. It is important for the safety of everyone that you follow their directions!
If you are being drop-off or dropping someone off, please utilize our new passenger loading zones that are located around the perimeter of the campus on 4th, San Fernando, 10th, and San Salvador Streets.
A map of the SJSU Drop Off Areas can be found on our website at:
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.
Daily, weekly, monthly, motorcycle, and payroll deduction parking permits are not sold online and must be purchased from the Parking Services office.
Please note that Housing parking permits are not valid for parking in the Campus Village Garage. Please contact University Housing Services to purchase Campus Village Garage-specific parking permits.