Assistance when Reporting Crime

UPD works closely with other law enforcement agencies in Santa Clara County and the State of California and, on occasion, Federal law enforcement agencies.

When reporting criminal activity on or off the SJSU campus, any member of the campus community may contact and seek assistance from any campus official with significant responsibility for student and campus activities.

UPD will investigate the incident or, if appropriate, refer the victim to another agency for assistance. We will continue to assist as needed for as long as appropriate. This assistance may include:

  • Notification and/or transportation
  • Contacting family or friends
  • Assistance in changing on-campus living arrangements



  • 9-1-1 campus phones
  • Bluelight or Elevator phones
  • 408-924-2222 cell phones

Non-Emergency Services

Anonymous Reporting