SJSU's RSCA Adapt Plan | COVID-19
Update as of 10/16/2020
As the Santa Clara County has moved into the Moderate (orange) tier in California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy criteria system, the following applies until further notice:
- RSCA projects that can be done remotely, will continue to be done remotely.
- RSCA Adapt Plan Phase 2 Modification:
“Time-Sensitive” RSCA projects are those with Critical Deadlines within nine months (instead of the three months prescribed by the published RSCA Adapt Plan) and where a pause, delay, or cancelation would lead to “catastrophic loss” of research results, or otherwise have a significant career and/or financial impact.
Critical Deadlines include:
- End dates or annual reports of grants where the funding agency or entity has not granted extensions or when an extension would result in loss of funding,
- Completion of degree/project/grant/term of appointment, and
- Completion of research/preliminary data work needed for new grant proposal submissions.
- All Project Plans submitted for review and approval continue to be required to have in place plans for sudden shutdown and/or return to Phase 1.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Checklist (PDF form). Complete and upload this form to the RSCA Project Plan Form.
- RSCA Project Plan Form (Google form)
This sample form is provided for reference only.
On-site access approvals during Phase 2 are for periods ending on or before 12/31/2020. Extensions will be granted as appropriate and in keeping with public health requirements.
Access approvals may be revoked at any time due to public health orders, outbreaks,
projects diverging from approved plans, or access limitations resulting from on-campus