Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association RSCA Award
The Center for Faculty Development manages the Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association (ERFA) RSCA Awards, which support scholarly research and creative activity to advance the careers of faculty applicants. The award is intended to support research, creative activity, virtual conference attendance, and/or acquisition of equipment related to scholarly and creative endeavors.
Who is eligible for funding?
Tenured faculty and lecturers with more than 6 years of continuous service to SJSU.
How much funding is available?
Two awards up to $2,500 provided to each awardee in a Tower Foundation Account.
When can I apply for funding?
Typically December of each academic year. Deadline for submission of all required materials is 5:00pm, Wednesday, December 2th, 2020.
How do I apply for funding?
- Fill out this Cover Sheet and attach it in the Google Form (link below).
- Fill out the Google application form:
Proposals must contain the following:
- A cover sheet;
- A written summary (not to exceed 1 page) with the following elements:
Funding Screening Criteria?
The ERFA Board of Directors will convene a subcommittee of the Board who will make recommendations to the EFRA Board for final approval. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The subcommittee will consider proposals based on the criteria as follows:
- The project’s demonstrated contribution to knowledge and scholarship in the applicant’s discipline;
- The significance of the project to the discipline; and
- The applicant's ability to carry out the proposed project.
How long does the approval of funding take?
Approval for funds can take up to 3 months for the committee to approve and communicate to faculty.
How do I get support?
Please contact Joan Merdinger, Chair of the Subcommittee for the ERFA Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award (firstname.lastname@example.org).