Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) Program
The Office of Research in partnership with the Center for Faculty Development offers an Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) Program to support the involvement of a undergraduate research student in the Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity (RSCA) initiatives of a faculty.
Who is eligible for funding?
Undergraduate students currently enrolled with a faculty mentor.
How much funding is available?
Awards will be granted up to $1,000 per application.
When can I apply for funding?
Typically April of each academic year. For the 2019-2020 cycle, there will be two deadlines:
Friday, May 24, 2019 by 5pm
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 by 5 pm
How do I apply for funding?
Please submit completed applications to the Center for Faculty Development, IRC 213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals must contain the following:
- A completed application; and
- A completed Budget Form.
Funding Screening Criteria?
The evaluation criteria is as follows:
- The overall quality of the proposal;
- The significance of the project and merit of the work including the likelihood that the project will make a contribution to the student’s area of study;
- The appropriateness of the methodology or the creative focus;
- The potential for accomplishing the proposed project; and
- The strength of the proposed mentoring relationship.
How long does the approval of funding take?
Approval for funds can take up to 2 months to approve and communicate.
How do I get support?
Please contact the Center for Faculty Development for assistance.