The Research Foundation pays its employees on the 10th and 26th of each month. If the payday falls on a weekend, funds will be released the prior Friday. If payday falls on a holiday or a scheduled closure day, funds will be released the day before the holiday.
"Green" Payroll Takes Effect November 1, 2019
Effective November 1, 2019, the Research Foundation will offer all employees the paperless options of direct deposit or "pay cards."
If you currently receive a “live” paper paycheck, you may do either of the following:
- Sign up for Direct Deposit. If you do not have a bank account, you may open a no-fee account with Wells Fargo Bank and arrange for direct deposit there. Call (408) 924-1400 for information on opening an account.
- Be issued a Pay Card, a card that is loaded with your wages each pay period. It can be used like a debit card to make purchases, and you can use it to withdraw cash from an ATM machine. Call (408) 924-1400 for assistance with obtaining a Pay Card.
To join us in "going green," please select one of these options on or before Friday, October 18, 2019, to ensure that your pay is not interrupted.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 924-1400.
ONESolution Timecard User Instructions
The timecard instructional video provides detailed steps for completing the ONESolution timecard.
NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer (IE), please click this link to view
Timecard Instructional Video
"Green" Pay Stubs
As part of the Research Foundation's continuing efforts to "go green," hard copy pay stubs are no longer being mailed out to employees via the U.S. Postal Service.
Instead, employees can view (and print) their paystubs through their Employee Online account using the instructions below:
- Log on to the Employee Online system, then go to Check Stub tab and click on it.
2. The next screen will show you your pay stubs by date.
3. Select the one you wish to view or print.
4. The next screen will show you an image of the check stub. Right click on the screen and choose "print" from the menu if you would like a hard copy.
Your Employee Online account provides additional critical information such as W-2s, and also provides you with the opportunity to update your address, retirement contributions, and more. Detailed information regarding these online services can be reviewed here.
If you need assistance logging into the system, please email the Research Foundation IT Department.
Those employees who are not able to access Employee Online or prefer a hard copy of their stub may obtain one by visiting the Research Foundation Central Office location between our business hours of 8 a.m to 5 p.m, Monday through Friday, and asking Payroll to print out a hard copy. We will be glad to do so.
Tax Witholding Information
The federal and state withholding tax rates for 2019 have been updated in the payroll system.
Employees may change their state and federal income tax withholding allowance at any time during the year by completing form W4 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf for federal tax withholding changes and form DE-4 http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de4.pdf for state withholding changes.
- Individual Federal and State Income Tax rates are determined by the W4 form completed by the employee.
- Employees can complete the DE-4 to withhold different tax amounts for the State.
- The Medicare rate is 1.45% and effective November 1, 2013 an additional .9% on wages earned in excess of $200,000.
- The Social Security rate is 6.2% on the first $128,400 wages earned.
- The State Disability Insurance (SDI) rate is 1.0% on the first $114,967 wages earned. The SJSU Research Foundation pays for the employee SDI tax as an added fringe benefit. The maximum SDI contribution is $1,149.67.
The Affordable Care Act requires employers to report employer sponsored health coverage amounts in box 12DD of W-2. This reporting requirement is for information only and bears no tax consequence.