BA, Sociology, Concentration in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
All Students should regularly consult an advisor in the major. Sociology advisors have drop-in advising hours. For a schedule of advising hours, see Advising.
Requirements of the Major (42 units)
To view a list of required courses for the Women and Gender Studies Concentration, as well as course descriptions please see the current SJSU Catalog.
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Concentration (pdf)
- Sociology Contract for Major (pdf)
- Recommended Four-Year Degree Roadmaps (pdf)
- Sociology 100W Credit Request (pdf)
- Sociology Statistics Credit Request (pdf)
Transfer Credit & Articulation
- Transfer Planning Guide
- Articulation Correspondences, Sorted by SJSU Course
- Articulation Correspondences, Sorted by School
- See the SJSU Catalog for complete degree information on the BA in Sociology, Concentration in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Requirements of the major are only part of the requirements for graduation, as briefly summarized here:
|University Graduation Requirements||38 units|
|Major Core Requirements||27 units|
|Concentration Requirements||15 units|
|University Electives||40 units|
- A minor in another department is strongly recommended.
- Some classes “double count” in GE or SJSU Studies as well as in the Sociology major. However, the units for the class only count once. You should keep track of the cumulative number of units you have earned. Check your transcript on MYSJSU.