Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
San Jose State University College of Social Sciences is hiring multiple positions for Fall 2021!
San José State University enrolls over 35,700 students, a significant percentage of whom are members of minority groups. As such, this position is for scholars interested in a career at a national leader in graduating URM students. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution; 40% of our students are first-generation, and 38% are Pell-qualified. The university is currently ranked third nationally in increasing student upward mobility. The University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and the community can benefit from multiple ethnic and gender perspectives.
San José State University is California’s oldest institution of public higher learning. Located in downtown San José (Pop. 1,000,000) in the heart of Silicon Valley, SJSU is part of one of the most innovative regions in the world. As Silicon Valley’s public university, SJSU combines dynamic teaching, research, and university-industry experiences to prepare students to address the biggest problems facing society. SJSU is a member of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system.
- Asst. Professor - Medical Sociology with specialization in Latinx Communities
- Associate or Full Professor - Chicanx/Latinx Health and Wellness
- Assistant Professor - Ethnic Studies (2)
- Assistant Professor - Chicana/o Studies
- Assistant Professor - Urban Spatial Data Science
- Associate or Full Professor – Native American Studies
- Assistant Professor – Clinical Psychology
For more information, visit the SJSU Careers page.