Student Teaching

What is the difference between student-teaching and directed teaching?

  • Individuals in student-teaching are placed in the class of a Master Teacher that works with students with the disability for which the individual seeks credentialing.
  • Directed teaching is for individuals who have been hired with emergency permits or intern credentials. You are observed as you conduct the activities of a full time special educator.

May I do my student teaching in a private school?

You may student teach in a non-public school if the school is accredited and the students served are of the disability group for which you are seeking to be credentialed. 

Can I do my student teaching at any school?

Only at accredited school within our service area that serve the population for which you seek a credential.

Do I need to teach in a general education classroom?

Yes, you have to show evidence of planning and teaching 50 hours in a general education classroom. See advisor about this placement, if help is needed to identify a classroom.Complete "50 hours of General Education Field Work form" under Student Forms link and turn into Special Education office.




Back to FAQs