San José State University honors nine outstanding staff members in three staff award categories annually at the Spartan Service Celebration.
- Outstanding Staff of the Year - Exemplary SJSU staff member or auxiliary staff member who has made a valuable contribution
to the campus.
- Distinguished Services Award - SJSU staff member an auxiliary staff member who has worked for SJSU for more than
10 years and has displayed a commitment to excellent service to the campus community.
- Spartan Spirit Award - SJSU staff member, manager, or auxiliary employee who displays exceptional Spartan spirit and pride.
The nomination form is posted annually in September/October. You can review the award criteria and nomination questions below.
The 2020-21 award recipients are:
Outstanding Staff of the Year
- Rhett Frantz – Moss Landing Marine Labs - Award Winner
- Joshua Kas-Osoka – Peer Connections - Honorable Mention
- Nha-Nghi Nguyen – Psychology - Honorable Mention
- Kim Huynh – Undergraduate Education - Award Winner
- Jocelyn Douglas – Moss Landing Marine Labs - Honorable Mention
- Maria (Elma) Arredondo – Student Affairs Systems - Honorable Mention
Spartan Spirit Award
- Erlinda Yanez – Chicana and Chicano Studies - Award Winner
- Cindy Aubrey – Communicative Disorders and Sciences - Honorable Mention
- Tamela Sullivan – University Personnel - Honorable Mention
Congratulations to everyone who has been recognized for a staff award! Check out the staff award recipients from past years.