San José State University honors twelve outstanding staff members in four staff award categories annually at the Spartan Service Celebration.
- Outstanding Staff of the Year - Exemplary SJSU staff member or auxiliary staff member who has made a valuable contribution to the campus.
- Distinguished Services Award - SJSU staff member an auxiliary staff member who has worked for SJSU for more than 10 years and has displayed a commitment to excellent service to the campus community.
- Spartan Spirit Award - SJSU staff member, manager, or auxiliary employee who displays exceptional Spartan spirit and pride.
- Critical Employee Award - To honor an SJSU staff member or an auxiliary staff member who are shining behind the scenes to support our campus. This is a new award category for Academic Year 2022-23.
The nomination form is posted annually in September/October. You can review the award criteria and nomination questions below.
Award Recipients for 2021-22
Outstanding Staff of the Year
- Joel Morales - ACCESS Success Center - Award Winner
- Christie Martinez – University Personnel - Honorable Mention
- Keith Nowoseilski – IT Computing Services - Honorable Mention
- Jillana Hart - Enrollment Services Technical Implementation & Communication - Award Winner
- Anthony Bettencourt – Financial Aid & Scholarships - Honorable Mention
- Sara Tipton-Perez – Payment Services - Honorable Mention
Spartan Spirit Award
- Nha-Nghi Nguyen – Psychology - Award Winner
- Thao Leung – Finance Support & Innovation - Honorable Mention
- Alexandra Froehlich Hankinson – Student Conduct & Ethical Development - Honorable Mention
Congratulations to everyone who has been recognized for a staff award! Check out the staff award recipients from past years.