Joining Forces to Support the Campus
The Division of Student Affairs plays an integral role in the leadership and operation of SJSU. Our staff and administrators serve on cross-divisional committees charged with developing policies and procedures that ensure the safety and development of the whole campus.
Employee Development Committee
Promoting career-long learning, the Employee Development Committee helps staff with the ongoing task of obtaining new skills to support student success. The division provides a number of staff training initiatives to enhance staff members' collaboration and communication within the division and throughout the university.
The committee is charged with the following roles:
- Plan, organize and coordinate Employee Development Day and other events, as assigned;
- Provide knowledge and resources to facilitate best practices;
- Create opportunities for cross-departmental collaborations;
- Develop and maintain a staff recognition program.
Veterans Advisory Committee
The Veterans Advisory Committee meets monthly to discuss ways to support veterans and military students as they transition into academic life. They advise the President and Vice President for Student Affairs on these issues. Contact Maggie Morales or Dr. Annabel Prins, Co-Chairs.
Joint Enrollment Planning (JEP)
A multi-divisional team works together to review and implement university enrollment management strategies and practices. JEP provides input that assists the university in establishing long-term enrollment goals and plans to achieve them.
- Coleetta McElroy, Interim Senior Associate VP for Enrollment Management
- Sonja Daniels, Associate VP for Campus Life
- Gregory Wolcott, Associate VP for Student Transiition & Retention Services
- Deanna Gonzales, Director of Undergraduate Admissions & Outreach
- Jennifer Sclafani, Director of Technical Implementation & Communication