SJSU STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
The entire SJSU Student Health Center staff is dedicated to providing health care services with constant attention to the following:
Patient Bill of Rights:
- To be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- To be given privacy during discussion, check in, evaluation, and treatment.
- To access interpretation services.
- To be provided information concerning your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and progress or if it is medically advisable, to have the information provided to a person designated by you or to a legally authorized person.
- To have the opportunity to participate in decisions involving your health care unless it is contraindicated for medical reasons.
- To voice any comments, feedback, or grievances through the input box at the Student Wellness Center addressed to the SHC Director.
- To change providers if other providers are available.
- To be informed of Student Health Center's policies regarding your rights and responsibilities and availability of service.
- To refuse treatment at any time.
- To learn more information on health care consumer protections from the Medical Board of California. www.mbc.ca.gov
- To refuse to participate in research.
- To present accurate identifying information.
- To arrive on time for appointments and to cancel appointments ahead of time so that other patients may utilize that time.
- To ask for clarification whenever information or instructions are not understood.
- To know the name of your health care professional.
- To provide complete and accurate information to the best of your ability about your health, any medications taken, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements, and any allergies or sensitivities.
- To follow the agreed-upon treatment plan prescribed by your provider and participate in your care.
- To provide, if possible, a responsible adult to transport you from the Student Health Center and remain with you as directed by the provider.
- To pay for services received.
- To behave respectfully towards all health care professionals and staff, as well as other patients and visitors and in conformity with San Jose State University's Student Code of Conduct. (Behavior not consistent with the Student Code of Conduct can result in referral to other university offices.)
- To bring a picture I.D. to every visit.