Mission and Values
The Student Union, Inc. of San Jose State University supports the development, growth, and well-being of students and the campus community by providing diverse programs, desired services, and quality facilities that enhance the collegiate experience.
- We incorporate positive role-modeling in our daily behaviors at work.
- We support and encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- We are committed to the excellence of the Student Union, Inc.
- We live up to our commitments.
- We communicate directly.
- We acknowledge collaborative contributions and individual achievements.
The Student Union, Inc. employs a full-time staff of 60 and over 450 part-time student employees. Each member of the staff works to provide quality facilities and services to the campus and surrounding community.
In keeping with the mission statement, the Student Union, Inc. is committed to participating in the educational mission of San José State University through professional development for full-time and student staff members. This is done through specialized department training, as well as corporate-wide workshops for all employees.