Long Term Programs
Study abroad for a semester or a year on a long-term program! Our study abroad programs span the globe and are for students in every major. Start exploring and plan for your adventure abroad!
SJSU Exchange: Study at a partner university abroad for a semester or a year with an SJSU Exchange. Choose from programs in over 20 countries (and growing)—study with students from all over the world, pay your regular SJSU tuition and receive SJSU credit for every class you take! There are programs for every major, and all financial aid applies. There are even scholarships just for students who study abroad.
CSUIP: California State University International Programs (CSU IP) provide students with an affordable opportunity to study abroad for a full academic year. Students earn SJSU credit while studying at a host university or study center abroad. Affiliated with more than 30 recognized universities in 18 countries, CSU IP offers a wide selection of courses and study abroad destinations. SJSU students participating in CSU IP pay SJSU tuition, and financial aid applies to all programs. Scholarship opportunities are also available!
ISEP: SJSU is a member of International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP), a non-profit organization that offers study abroad options at over 200 universities in 51 countries. Study with ISEP for an academic year, a semester or a summer! Immerse yourself in classes at local universities and receive SJSU credit for each course. If you are interested in studying abroad in a place that is off the beaten path, ISEP has the program for you!
Study Abroad and Away Covid-19 Update
The CDC issued guidance on March 1, 2020 and advised the postponement or cancellation of all upcoming student foreign exchange programs. The CDC notes, and we believe, that “students may face unpredictable circumstances, travel restrictions, challenges in returning home or accessing health care while abroad.” Additionally, as of March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization has determined that the Coronavirus now considered a global pandemic.
Due to the dynamic threat of the Coronavirus and its potential impact on students’ health and safety, Study Abroad and Away office has taken the following actions in regards to our programs:
- All spring break programs (Alternative Spring Break and Faculty-led Programs) have been cancelled.
- Semester and Year Long programs:
- Spring semester abroad programs have been cancelled.
- Fall semester abroad programs have been cancelled, effective 4/23/20. Students impacted by this decision are encouraged to defer their semester abroad to spring 2021. Please contact SpartansAbroad@sjsu.edu for assistance if you are impacted by this cancellation.
- The travel portion of all Faculty-Led Programs (FLP) for Summer 2020 will be cancelled. The majority of the programs will continue to offer the FLP course in an online format. For programs that will not be modified for an online course format, we will work with those impacted students to provide alternative options.
- All Summer School Abroad (SSA) programs for Summer 2020 have been cancelled. Impacted students are advised to identify SJSU Summer Session Courses to take in lieu of their Summer School Abroad courses.
- Winter break Faculty-Led Programs (FLP) are still accepting applications at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation globally over the next few months and notify students if there are any changes to the winter break FLPs.
Please reach out to us at SpartansAbroad@sjsu.edu for questions or if you need assistance. If an emergency, contact the University Police Department at 408-924-2222.