Study abroad for a semester or a year on a long-term program! Our study abroad programs span the globe and are for students in every major. Start exploring and plan for your adventure abroad!
SJSU Exchange: Study at a partner university abroad for a semester or a year with an SJSU Exchange. Choose from programs in over 20 countries (and growing)—study with students from all over the world, pay your regular SJSU tuition and receive SJSU credit for every class you take! There are programs for every major, and all financial aid applies. There are even scholarships just for students who study abroad.
CSUIP: California State University International Programs (CSU IP) provide students with an affordable opportunity to study abroad for a full academic year. Students earn SJSU credit while studying at a host university or study center abroad. Affiliated with more than 30 recognized universities in 18 countries, CSU IP offers a wide selection of courses and study abroad destinations. SJSU students participating in CSU IP pay SJSU tuition, and financial aid applies to all programs. Scholarship opportunities are also available!
ISEP: SJSU is a member of International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP), a non-profit organization that offers study abroad options at over 200 universities in 51 countries. Study with ISEP for an academic year, a semester or a summer! Immerse yourself in classes at local universities and receive SJSU credit for each course. If you are interested in studying abroad in a place that is off the beaten path, ISEP has the program for you!
Check out our Events calendar for information on events and info sessions for upcoming programs!
Search All Programs
Study Abroad and Away Covid-19 Update
The CDC issued guidance on March 1, 2020 and advised the postponement or cancellation of all upcoming student foreign exchange programs. The CDC notes, and we believe, that “students may face unpredictable circumstances, travel restrictions, challenges in returning home or accessing health care while abroad.” Additionally, as of March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization has determined that the Coronavirus now considered a global pandemic.
Due to the dynamic threat of the Coronavirus and its potential impact on students’ health and safety, Study Abroad and Away office has taken the following actions in regards to our programs:
- Semester and Year Long programs:
- Fall semester abroad programs have been cancelled, effective 4/23/20. Students impacted
by this decision are encouraged to defer their semester abroad to spring 2021. Please
contact SpartansAbroad@sjsu.edu for assistance if you are impacted by this cancellation.
- Spring semester 2021 programs are still accepting applications at this time and plan to travel. We will continue to monitor the situation globally over the next few months and will notify students if there are any changes.
- The travel portion of all Faculty-Led Programs (FLP) for Winter break 2021 has been cancelled. The majority of the programs will continue to offer the FLP course in an online format. The online version of Winter 2021 Faculty-Led Programs (FLP) are still accepting applications at this time.
- Alternative Break Programs for spring 2021 have been cancelled (effective 9/14/20), given the increased threat of COVID-19 in our domestic program locations. SAA will be developing Alternative Break Programming for Summer 2021. We hope to offer both international and domestic sites. More information will be provided in late fall 2020.
Please reach out to us at SpartansAbroad@sjsu.edu for questions or if you need assistance. If an emergency, contact the University Police Department at 408-924-2222.