Chesar Chavez Garden
The garden is located at 372 E. San Salvador Street (across from the Dining Commons)
Volunteer at the garden
You can volunteer at the garden on Mondays 1:15pm-3:15pm, Tuesdays 9am-11am, and Fridays 10am-12pm. Volunteers are welcome on a first come first serve basis.
Students can register at https://linktr.ee/SJSUGarden
We encourage students to bring a water bottle and a grocery bag or container to help transport harvest from the garden.
Climate Reality Campus Corps
Join the SJSU Climate Reality Campus Corps, a community where you can collaborate with fellow sustainably focused SJSU students. The Campus Corps program offers a chance to make a difference in climate reality, starting in the college dormitories, classrooms, and campus quads.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Ideas to Live More Sustainably!
- When you shop
- B4 U buy, look for products that you can Reuse, Repurpose or recycle
- Bring reusable bags when shopping. Avoid plastic!
- Buy fair trade products (means sustainably produced), look for label
- Buy sustainable clothing
- Don’t buy more than you really need
- Use more
- clean, renewable energy (visit SJCE)
- public transportation
- eco-friendly cleaning products – 7th Generation
- washable rags vs paper towels
- Be more efficient
- Save energy – turn off lights, use smart power strips
- Save water – lo-flow toilets & shower heads, shorter showers, fill dishwasher, etc.
- Save food – bring reusable containers for left-overs
- Get a clean energy audit in your home or apartment; free!
- Change light bulbs to LED
- Go paperless – email receipts, statements, checks, publications
- Drive less, carpool
- If you must drive, Electric car or hybrid
- Walk, skateboard, scooter
- Minimize air travel
- Eat less red meat
- Switch to reusable water bottles
- Eliminate single use plastics
- Compost food and yard waste
- Turn off power to things that always draw power, like TV, computers, printers, etc. Use power strips
- Recycle, recycle, recycle