How to Apply
Admissions Updates | August 20, 2020
Spring 2021 applicants
At this time we cannot anticipate how Covid19 will affect applicants' ability to complete CSET and CBEST testing requirements and whether the deferral of these requirements from the point of admission to the point of applying for your preliminary credential will extend to Spring 2021 applicants state-wide. We urge you to complete these program requirements prior to admission if possible. Note that any change to CBEST, CSET, and Pre-professional hours requirements is made at the state level, and at this time, the state has not yet made this determination. Until then, the regular admission requirements are in effect.
We will update you on all Spring 2021 requirements through our "How to Apply" webpage as soon as we have further information from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Steps to Apply
- Multiple Subject Credential Program Application Instructions
- Single Subject Credential Program Application Instructions
- Literacy Across the Curriculum for an Equitable Society (LACES)
New Opportunity | Impact San Jose Fellowship
Do you want to make an impact as a transformative educator? Are you committed to making a difference for students, families, and communities in the greater San Jose region? The Impact San Jose Fellowship will provide:
- Up to $7,500 in scholarship support
- Mentorship during and after the program
- A strong professional learning community of like-minded educators
- Priority for residencies to candidates who are committed to becoming transformative educators for our region.
To learn more and complete our interest form, visit sjsu.edu/education/fellows