In Fall 2021, the USRC hosted a three-part UndocuGrad workshop series where students gained information about graduate school options for undocuscholars. Here you will find the recordings and the resources that go along with the presentations.
Students can schedule an appointment with our Life After College Consultant to get more information and support with graduate school resources.
UndocuGrad 101: Humanities, Social Sciences, & Law
UndocuGrad 101: Science, Tech, Engineering, & Marketing Programs
Recording coming soon
Funding Graduate School
Slides and Handouts
We have compiled a number of resources for undocu scholars who are thinking of pursuing graduate school, and for those who are currently enrolled. Access information about SJSU graduate studies programs, information on navigating graduate school, financial resources, and life after college.
SJSU Graduate Studies
- College of Graduate Studies : Learn about graduate programs, research opportunities, financial opportunities, and on how to apply.
- Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations provide graduation support to current and prospective graduate students. Access resources such as their Graduate Student Guide and graduate advisor and evaluator directory.
- Graduate Admissions : Get information of degree programs, admissions requirements, deadlines, and on navigating the admissions process.
Navigating Graduate School
- UndocuGrads Workshop: Learn How to Apply & Navigate Graduate School as an Undocumented Student- (MyUndocumentedLife.org)
- Navigating Graduate School: Resource Guide for Undocumented Students
- Pursuing Nursing: Q&A for Undocumented Students in California [pdf]
- Workforce Entry and Eligibility - Learn about CA Policies that "allow individuals to obtain occupational licensure in all professions regardless of their immigration status, provided that they meet all other requirements."
- Funding Opportunities- SJSU College of Graduate Studies
- Reach out to your graduate department to ask about any internal funding opportunities that may be available to graduate students.
- Access Immigrants Rising list of scholarships and fellowships for undocugrads that do not require proof of citizenship or legal residency.
- California Dream Act- UndocuScholars who qualify for AB 540, AB 2000, or SB 68 may be eligible for university financial aid, scholarships, or CA Dream Loan.
- PreHealth Dreamers Scholarship List
Life After College
- Making Money - (Immigrants Rising) Regardless of ones immigration status, can generate income by working for themselves. Explore what it mean to work for yourself and how to start your own business.
- Income Generation Options for Undocumented Students Toolkit (pdf). [pdf] -University of California
- A Legal Overview of Business Ownership for Immigrant Entrepreneurs in Massachusetts [pdf]
Check our list of professional networks in our Community Resources page.