UndocuSpartan Summer Academy
About the academy
The UndocuSpartan Summer Academy is a first-year experience program for newly admitted undergraduate students who are looking to join a learning community that is centered around uplifting and empowering undocumented communities at SJSU. Prior to starting the academic year, new students will have an opportunity to spend four nights and five days on campus (free of cost). Throughout the week, participants will have an opportunity to engage in conversations that center the undocumented student experience in higher education. Topics include:
- State and Federal Policies that Impact UndocuScholars
- Qualifying for AB 540/ SB 68 - CA NonResident Tuition Exemption
- Paying for College and the CA Dream Act
- Scholarships for UndocuScholars
- Beyond DACA: Generating Income and Career Readiness
- Navigating Academic Advising
Additionally, participants will have an opportunity to network with other incoming students, current students, alumni, staff, faculty, and community members that are committed to the success of our UndocuSpartans.
2023 Application Now Open!
Dates: Tuesday, July 18th- Saturday, July 22nd
This year, summer academy is set to be an in-person and overnight program. Participants will be staying on campus and there is no fee to participate.
Who is eligible to apply?
Undocumented students that meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate (First year frosh and transfer students)
- Must have been admitted for the 2023-24 school year.
Summer Academy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Application Deadline: June 2nd @ 11:59pm
Questions? contact us!
NOTE: All participants must follow SJSU's Covid-19 Vaccine Requirements. This requirement includes completing the COVID-19 vaccine primary series and booster shot, when eligible. Learn more here.