UndocuSpartan Summer Academy
About the academy
The UndocuSpartan Summer Academy is a first-year experience program for newly admitted undergraduate students who are looking to join a learning community that is centered around uplifting and empowering undocumented communities at SJSU. Prior to starting the academic year, new students will have an opportunity to spend four nights and five days on campus (free of cost). Throughout the week, participants will have an opportunity to engage in conversations that center the undocumented student experience in higher education. Topics include:
- State and Federal Policies that Impact UndocuScholars
- Qualifying for AB 540/ SB 68 - CA NonResident Tuition Exemption
- Paying for College and the CA Dream Act
- Scholarships for UndocuScholars
- Beyond DACA: Generating Income and Career Readiness
- Navigating Academic Advising
Additionally, participants will have an opportunity to network with other incoming students, current students, alumni, staff, faculty, and community members that are committed to the success of our UndocuSpartans.
Who is eligible to apply?
Undocumented students that meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate (First year frosh and transfer students)
- Must have been admitted to SJSU to start in the Fall of that year.
Summer 2024 Application will open in Spring 2024.
Questions? contact us!