Establishing CA Residency

In order to qualify for in-state tuition and to receive the CA Dream Act, it is important to establish CA residency. Admitted students must establish and maintain CA residency by no later than September 20, 2019 (the USRC advises you to complete this step as soon as possible).

Admitted students can do so by filing a California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request (AB 540 form). Students must have a final official transcript on file that shows the date of your high school graduation before your request can be processed. If students do not have one on file, then students must submit one along with their AB 540 form to the Office of the Registrar. 

For questions regarding the non-resident tuition exemption, you may contact Sophie Lanh, Residency Specialist in the Office of the Registrar, by email at*

*If you have additional questions or need further support, you may also contact Ana Navarrete, Program Coordinator, at (408) 924-3677 or