Discrimination & Harassment Complaints for Employees & Third Parties
As a San José State University employee, you have Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Non-Discrimination rights based in law.
The Office for Equal Opportunity assists the campus community in matters related to the investigation of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Review the CSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation for additional information. If your complaint falls under the definition of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation, complete the form below.
For complaints related to sexual harassment and/or sexual misconduct, you will need to file your complaint with the Title IX Office.
- Complaint Form - See Attachment F (CSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation)
In addition, all complainants may file complaints of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation with the California Civil Rights Department (CRD) (formerly DFEH), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP) whether or not complainants choose to use the university's complaint procedure. Time limits for filing complaints with State and Federal compliance agencies vary and those agencies should be contacted directly for specific information.
Sr. Director, Retention, Employee Relations, DHR & Whistleblower Administrator
Manager, Employee Relations & Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Sr. Analyst, Employee Relations & Equal Opportunity
Analyst, Employee Relations & Equal Opportunity
☎ (408) 924-3163
Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination
The California State University, which includes San José State, does not discriminate on the basis of gender, which includes sex and gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation in its education programs or activities.
- Accessibility Concern Report Form
- ADA Compliance
- CSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation (Nondiscrimination Policy)
- Equal Opportunity Laws
- Harassment and Unlawful Discrimination
- Whistleblower Protection Act