Staff & MPP Performance Management
Performance management is a process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review the work objectives and overall contribution to the organization. It takes time, it’s a long-term investment, and it doesn’t just happen once a year.
Setting goals and reviewing them regularly is a critical part of the process, as is reviewing the employee’s position description. The tips, guidelines, and tools listed below are designed help you effectively manage performance.
- Annual evaluation period: April 1 through March 31
- Probationary evaluations are based on bargaining unit or policy; see the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement or the Confidential Employee Guidelines for more information.
- Bargaining Units 1, 8
- Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, 9
- Bargaining Unit 4
- Bargaining Unit 6
- Confidential Employees Performance Evaluations
- Annual evaluation period: July 1 through June 30
- New MPPs should have one evaluation at 6 months; there is no probation. See the MPP Employee Guidelines for more information.