Academic Student Employees (Unit 11)
- Academic Student Employee Guide
- Academic Student Employee Submission [OnBase]
- Description of Duties Form: Graduate Assistant (GA) [pdf]
- Description of Duties Form: Instructional Student Assistant (ISA) [pdf]
- Description of Duties Form: Teaching Associate (TA) [pdf]
- ISA Terms & Conditions Fill In Form [pdf]
- Student Assistant/Academic Student Employees FAQs
- Student Employment Guide for Hiring Departments [pdf]
The Teaching Associate classification provides currently enrolled or admitted CSU graduate students in classified status with part-time employment offering practical teaching experience in fields related to their advanced study.
Under immediate supervision, the Graduate Assistant assists a regular faculty member or the teaching staff with various professional and technical duties associated generally with the subjects or programs in which the assistant is doing graduate work.
Instructional Student Assistants
Under supervision, Instructional Student Assistants perform teaching, grading or tutoring duties for the majority of work hours in a given appointment in a given academic department or equivalent administrative unit over the course of an academic term.
- Academic Student Employee (ASE) Salary Schedule [pdf]
- Bargaining Agreement
- GA/TA Contract Processing
- Guidance for Choosing Student Appointment Classifications
- Student Appointment Form Overview - 2020-12-11
- Summary of Filled positions (AY2022-2023) [pdf]
- Summary of Filled positions (AY2021-2022) [pdf]
- Summary of Filled positions (AY2020-2021) [pdf]
- Summary of Filled positions (AY2019-2020) [pdf]
- UAW Website