International Visiting Scholars
Departments, colleges,or units that wish to host an International Visiting Scholar should follow these steps:
- The designated department staff will work with International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) first to provide all required documents (e.g., DS-2019 and invitation letter) to them. Review this section from ISSS for more detailed information on how to host a J-1 Visiting scholar.
- Once ISSS approves the DS-2019, the department staff can submit the International (J-1 Exchange) Visiting Scholar Appointment Form in DocuSign. Department staff will need to upload the DS-2019 (please remove visa and other immigration documents prior to uploading). The form is routed for approval of the chair, dean or other appropriate administrator.
- University Personnel Leaves Management Team reviews and approves for vaccination clearance.
- The Senior Director, Faculty Services reviews and approves for eligibility.
- University Personnel Volunteer team will key in the scholar appointment into PeopleSoft and approve the form. (Departments are not responsible for Person of Interest (POI) entry).
- A copy of the approved and signed form is confirmation of appointment completion.