Retention, Tenure, & Promotion
At SJSU, all Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP) reviews are guided by university policies and the collective bargaining agreement between the CSU and CFA. Consideration for RTP is always provided by committees and administrators in review of a candidate’s dossier of activities documenting fulfillment of their professorial duties.
All calendars are assembled and reviewed on eFaculty unless otherwise stated.
University RTP Policies
- University Policy S15-7 [pdf]
- University Policy S15-8 [pdf]
- University Policy S20-4 [pdf]
- University Policy S98-8 [pdf]
Departmental RTP Guidelines
RTP Committee Tools
- Confidentiality Agreement Form - RTP Committees [pdf]
- Confidentiality Agreement Form - RTP Committees [DocuSign]
- RTP Committee Policies - Slides [pdf]
- RTP Committee Policies - Video [YouTube]