- Open Labs
Open Labs are offered twice a week to CHRS Recruiting users who would like hands-on assistance with CHRS Recruiting processes. Open Labs are held on the following days/times:
- Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
These sessions are held via Zoom. Open this google doc to retrieve the Zoom information for each session. Please note, you must be logged into your SJSU email to open this document.
- User Group
Join/View the CHRS Recruiting User Group to receive updates on procedures, documentation, training, and more.
A CHRS Recruiting User Check-in is held monthly on the fourth Monday. You will receive a meeting invite when you join the group.
- User Guides
- Approve Job Cards [pdf]
- Initiate and Manage Background Checks - Faculty [pdf]
- Initiate and Manage Background Checks – Staff & MPP – UP Staff Only [pdf]
- Initiate Recruitments [pdf]
- Manage Onboarding Tasks [pdf]
- Manage Recruitments - Faculty [pdf]
- Manage Recruitments - Staff & MPP, including UPD [pdf]
- Preparing and Extending the Offer - Faculty [pdf]
- Preparing and Extending the Offer - Staff & MPP Recruitments [pdf]
- Recruiting Integration for Departments & UP Recruiters [pdf]
- Screening Applications and Evaluating Interviews - Faculty [pdf]
- Screening Applications and Evaluating Interviews - Staff & MPP Recruitments [pdf]
- Job Aids
- Employee Portal Overview [pdf]
- Job Card Field Requirements [pdf]
- Offer Card Field Requirements [pdf]
- Offer Card Guidance [pdf]
- Part-Time Temp Faculty Compensation Calculator
- Recruitment Process Part-Time Faculty (Fast-track) [pdf]
- Recruitment Process Steps - Faculty Part-Time Temp [pdf]
- Recruitment Process Steps - Staff & MPP [pdf]
- Recruitment Process Steps - Tenured/Tenure Track/Full-Time Temp [pdf]
- Recruitment Process Steps - UPD [pdf]
- Screening Criteria Details [xlsx]
- WTU Values Sorted by Decimal [pdf]
- WTU Values Sorted by Fraction [pdf]
- WTU Values Sorted by WTU [pdf]
- Introducing CHRS Recruiting
- Campus Overview - You must be signed into your SJSU email to access this information.
- Full System Overview - You must be signed into your SJSU email to access this information.
- CHRS Recruiting Demos - Note: These demos do not reflect the final SJSU version of the software.
- Training Presentations
- Process Flows
These flowcharts are intended to give you a high-level overview of the various recruitment processes in CHRS Recruiting. They do not include every step in the process.
Access to the CHRS Recruiting system is granted in two ways:
- All employees are automatically granted a base role with access to search committee information should they become a search committee chair or member.
- Additional access will be granted when specific training has been completed. You do
not need to submit a request for access.
- Access is granted when the Initiate Recruitments or Manage Recruitments courses are completed.
- Separate access is granted for individuals who manage the integration processes in colleges and other academic units.
- FAQs and Additional Information
- Contact Us