Military Records

Requesting DD Form 214

If you need to obtain a copy of your service record (DD Form 214), the following information is available to assist you:

  • Visit the US National Archives & Records Administration. Although the process of requesting records from the National Archives takes several weeks, this is the recommended option.
  • You may contact the VA Regional Office at your home of record when you separated.
  • If you filed a copy with the courthouse in the city that you resided in when you separated, you will need to check with the courthouse.

If you need additional information, please contact the Veterans Resource Center, at 408-924-8129 or email: