April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Every spring, we use this time to connect our community, promote conversation, and activate change.
Although we are moving all programming onto an online platform, we can still build a strong network of support and community during this critical time. Click here to learn more about ways to engage.
Social distancing and sheltering in place, while important measures to take against COVID-19, can pose unique challenges for survivors of sexual or domestic violence. A comprehensive list of resources for survivors, supporties, and communities is available from Futures Without Violence.
Local resources include:
- SJSU Survivor Advocate
- YWCA Silicon Valley - The 24/7 Support Hotline in English and Spanish provides survivors of sexual assault with crucial resources, support, and advocacy efforts. SJSU students can access these services by calling 1-800-572-2782.
- Title IX at SJSU – How to Report a Title IX incident
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Meet with a Health Educator
Consultations are private, 1:1 appointments with a professional health educator from the Student Health Center. Consultation topics include:
- Birth control and pregnancy options
- Sexually transmitted infections (prevention, testing, treatment)
- Recognizing healthy, unhealthy, and abusive behaviors in relationships
- Consent and communication
Please call (408) 924-6122 to make an appointment.
For general questions on these topics and sexual violence prevention, email Emily Rosenfield at email@example.com
Presentations and Programs
Presentations and programs related to violence prevention are available for the SJSU community. To view offerings, please refer back to our home page and click on Request a Presentation.