Students Records

You can access your records and pay fees online by visiting

Access to Your Records

Visit to access your records online after you register. If you cannot remember your user ID and password, please email Information Technology Services (ITS) at

Provide at least two of the following items for verification:

  1. SJSU student ID
  2. Date of birth
  3. Mailing address

Official Transcript

To obtain an official transcript, visit the Office of the Registrar for more information.

Student Record Holds

San José State University has authority to withhold registration privileges for any student with an outstanding cashiering debt. If a cashiering hold has been placed on your records, your registration will not be processed. To resolve the debt, please call the Bursar’s Office at 408-924-1601.

International Students

If you are studying at SJSU with an F or J student visa, any courses taken through Open University will not count toward the full time enrollment required for maintaining your visa status. If you have questions, please visit the Office of International Programs and Services in CPGE- Student Union West or call 408-924-5920.

International students who are academically disqualified must see an International Student Advisor prior to enrollment in Open University.

Use of Social Security Number

Applicants are required to include their correct social security number in designated places on applications for admission pursuant to the authority contained in Section 41201, Title 5, California Code of Regulations, and Section 6109 of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. 6109). The University uses the social security number to identify students and their records including identification for purposes of financial aid eligibility and disbursement and the repayment of financial aid and other debts payable to the institution.

Also, the Internal Revenue Service requires the University to file a 1098-T form for degree seeking students that include the student’s social security number. This information is used by the IRS to help determine whether a student, or a person claiming a student as a dependent, may take a credit or deduction to reduce federal income taxes.

Back to Top