Foundations of Graduate Writing Workshop Series
About This Event
🗓 Sep 24, Oct 1, Oct 15, and Oct 22 (Fridays)
🕒 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Virtual Event 🖥 | Free Event
Graduate writing is different from undergraduate writing, and writing is a communication
skill that you need to master regardless of your major. The SJSU Writing Center has
partnered with the College of Graduate Studies to
help you transition into graduate writing. We'll provide you with the resources you
need to help you succeed.
Workshop Series Dates
- Sep 24, Oct 1, Oct 15, and Oct 22 (Fridays)
- 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Register now for our Foundations of Graduate Writing workshops at tinyurl.com/
gradwritingworkshops. We encourage you to attend the whole series for the most benefit, but you can only
register for select workshops if you'd prefer. Registration is required.
Registration Closing Date
- Monday, Sep 13, 5:00 pm PST
Note: The capacity for this workshop series is 300 participants (due to Zoom restrictions).
Once we have reached 300 registrants, we will add your name to a continuing waitlist/interest
list for when we offer this workshop series again in future semesters.
- You must be an SJSU graduate student.
Graduate Writing Workshop Series Objectives
- Help narrow the gap in writing knowledge that you face when entering into graduate-level
- Assist you with becoming more confident and comfortable with the graduate-level writing
that you will be doing in your courses.
- Improve your writing skills as you enter into advanced study of your field/discipline.
- Increase your success in GWAR courses and help improve your writing for your final
thesis or project.
Event Contact: Michelle Hager, email@example.com
Hashtag: #sjsuwc #sjsuwritingcenter #graduatestudents