Our writing workshops are one-hour group seminars that focus on specific writing topics. You can find more information about the workshops within our online scheduling system, or you can visit our workshop topics page. Refer to the calendar below for information about dates, times, and locations.
All our workshops are currently conducted virtually through Zoom. Once you have booked your space at a workshop, you can log in to our online scheduling system and click on the Zoom link in the workshop booking to join on the given date and time.
We are not offering any additional workshops in fall 2021. Please check back in January 2022 for our spring 2022 workshop schedule.
How do I sign up for a Writing Center workshop?
- Visit sjsu.mywconline.com.
- If you haven't registered with the Writing Center before, you must register for the first time and fill out the registration form before logging in. If you already have an account, log in using your SJSU email address and the password you created for this account. With this account, you will be able to create, modify, or cancel an appointment.
- After logging in, select the "Workshops" schedule.
- Find the workshop that you want to attend. You can view dates for the full semester.
- Click once on the session for which you'd like to register. When the new reservation window pops up, fill out all the information required (marked with a red asterisk).
- When you've completed the reservation form, click the create appointment button to
complete the reservation process. Your reservation will now appear on the schedule.
You will receive confirmation and reminder messages that will be sent to your SJSU
Where are Writing Center workshops held?
Currently, all our workshops are being conducted virtually through Zoom. Once you have registered for a workshop, follow these steps to join.
- Login to your WCOnline account before the start of your workshop, and select the "Workshops" schedule.
- Locate your registered workshop and click on the yellow slot.
- To join the workshop, click the yellow highlighted Zoom link before the workshop start time.
- If you are signed into Zoom using your SJSU account, you will be added to the workshop
waiting room immediately. If you are prompted to authorize yourself, please click
“Sign In to Join” and authenticate yourself by following on-screen instructions.
The Zoom window will then automatically open, and you will be in the waiting room. The workshop moderator will admit you at the scheduled start time. Please note, only students who have registered for the workshop will be admitted.
Having trouble joining your workshop? Check out our helpful guide.
When we conduct workshops on campus, they are always held in our presentation room:
Clark Hall 124. However, we are not currently offering in-person workshops due to
the COVID-19 pandemic.
How can I get a proof of my workshop attendance?
Provided you attended the full duration of the workshop (and did not leave early),
any attendee who requires proof of attendance should complete the form link here http://bit.ly/wcworkshopconfirm. The request will be actioned within 1-3 working days.
How many different types of workshops do you offer?
We offer one-hour interactive workshops on 20+ topics such as Basic APA Style, Body
Paragraphs, and many more. You can find virtual workshops videos and more information
about our workshops by visiting our workshop topics page.
What is the late policy?
Arrive on time. Late-comers will not be seated once instruction has started. Workshops
start promptly at the scheduled time. If you are late, you will not be able to attend
the workshop. No exceptions.
What is the cancellation policy?
You can cancel your workshop registration at any time in our online reservation system. So our facilitators know who will be attending each workshop session, we ask you to cancel your registration if you are unable to attend. If you do so far enough in advance, this will also allow another student to take your seat.
The Writing Center reserves the right to cancel any workshop that does not have a minimum of five people enrolled 24 hours before the presentation start time.
When you sign up for the workshop, you agree to our policies. Please read our Writing Center policies and procedures.