Our writing workshops are one-hour group seminars that focus on specific writing topics. You can find more information about the workshops within our online scheduling system, or you can visit our workshop topics page. Refer to the calendar below for information about dates, times, and locations.
All our workshops are currently being conducted virtually through Zoom, so after you have registered for a workshop session, you will then receive the necessary link 12-24 hours prior to the workshop time.
We will resume offering regularly scheduled workshops in fall 2021. Check back for updates!
How do I sign up for a Writing Center workshop?
- Visit sjsu.mywconline.com.
- If you haven't registered with the Writing Center before, you must register for the first time and fill out the registration form before logging in. If you already have an account, log in using your SJSU email address and the password you created for this account. With this account, you will be able to create, modify, or cancel an appointment.
- After logging in, select the "Workshops" schedule.
- Find the workshop that you want to attend. You can view dates for the full semester.
- Click once on the session for which you'd like to register. When the new reservation window pops up, fill out all the information required (marked with a red asterisk).
- When you've completed the reservation form, click the create appointment button to
complete the reservation process. Your reservation will now appear on the schedule.
You will receive confirmation and reminder messages that will be sent to your SJSU
Where are Writing Center workshops held?
Currently, all our workshops are being conducted virtually through Zoom. Once you
have registered for a workshop, you will receive the necessary link to attend the
workshop 12-24 hours prior to the session start time. When we conduct workshops on
campus, they are always held in our presentation room: Clark Hall 124. However, we
are not offering in-person workshops in 2020-2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How can I get a proof of my workshop attendance?
Provided you attended the full duration of the workshop (and did not leave early),
any attendee who requires proof of attendance should complete the form link here http://bit.ly/wcworkshopconfirm. The request will be actioned within 1-3 working days.
How many different types of workshops do you offer?
We offer one-hour interactive workshops on 20 topics such as Basic APA Style, Body
Paragraphs, and many more. You can find virtual workshops videos and more information
about our workshops by visiting our workshop topics page.
What is the late policy?
Arrive on time. Late-comers will not be seated once instruction has started. Workshops
start promptly at the scheduled time. If you are late, you will not be able to attend
the workshop. No exceptions.
What is the cancellation policy?
You can cancel your workshop registration at any time in our online reservation system. So our facilitators know who will be attending each workshop session, we ask you to cancel your registration if you are unable to attend. If you do so far enough in advance, this will also allow another student to take your seat.
The Writing Center reserves the right to cancel any workshop that does not have a minimum of five people enrolled 24 hours before the presentation start time.
When you sign up for the workshop, you agree to our policies. Please read our Writing Center policies and procedures.