Learning and Engagement Outcomes
Our department learning and engagement goals are the basis of our vision that "Every Spartan emerges career ready and equipped for lifelong success". These goals align with the Student Affairs Division Learning Goals and University Learning Goals.
Department Learning Goals
- Gain awareness of their career-related strengths, skills, accomplishments, and interests.
- Develop role salience (identity, values, meaning) with their selected college major.
- Gain the ability to describe their strengths, skills, accomplishments and interests with professional contacts.
- Learn to identify and build the top universal (from NACE and LinkedIn) knowledge and skills that are valued in professional settings.
- Learn to identify and build the top knowledge and skills that are valued in their target professional settings.
- Engage with professional mentors to learn the mindset, conduct, and work habits that can lead to success in professional settings.
- Learn and practice the strategies used to pursue degree-level employment.
- Develop self-efficacy (hope, belief) in pursuing degree-level career opportunities.
- Develop role salience (identity, values, meaning) with degree-level career opportunities.