SJSU Handshake for Alumni
If you graduated within the last 12 months, click here to access SJSU Handshake.
- Apply for jobs & internships targeted to SJSU students.
- Stay updated with opportunities in our bi-monthly newsletters.
How to Become a Career Center Alumni Member
- If you graduated more than 12 months ago, you must have a Career Center alumni membership to access SJSU Handshake.
- Click here to sign up for the Career Center alumni membership for $25 per year.
- If you are an Alumni Association member, you can receive a Career Center alumni membership at no-cost. Simply sign-up here.
Get started on SJSU's job & internship database!
To log in:
- Go to sjsu.joinhandshake.com
- Enter your email address in the box below the SJSU Sign On button and click next
- On this Hello! screen, click Log In using Email and Password at the bottom
- Here, enter your password
- if your password is incorrect, it will take you back to step 3
- keep in mind you will always log in with your email and password
To create or reset your password:
- Repeat above to get to step 4
- Click Forgot your password?
- Enter your email address and click Reset Password
- You should receive an email from Handshake with a link to reset your password
- please note, SJSU IT Support is not responsible for Handshake log in or password reset
Tips for Success
- Fill out your profile completely. This way, employers will be able to quickly screen your qualifications. Recruiters will see the profiles that most closely align with the position qualifications first. Note: Work experience will be automatically placed in reverse chronological order.
- Create efficient searches. Job postings are targeted to groups of related majors, so search for jobs under major groups that commonly fit in the career field in which you are interested. You can also select Yes to Match All Employer Preferences to narrow down positions for which you are most qualified.
- Customize your News Feed for relevant opportunities. Follow specific companies by going to Employers, selecting your search criteria, clicking on your desired employer, and clicking Favorite Employer at the top.
|Have questions about using SJSU Handshake?|
For additional information regarding our SJSU Handshake disclaimer around fraudulent postings and employers' access to your public profile and documents (ex. Resume), click here.