Writing – formulate, translate, write, compose, edit, craft, revise
- Located prospective donors and wrote grant proposals to help support K-12 after-school
- Conceptualized and wrote material for organization’s marketing brochure.
Communication - convey, correspond, engage, publicize, connect, influence, mediate, negotiate, present,
- Demonstrated strong communication skills as a marketing intern by facilitating team
meetings and leading discussions around strategic project planning.
- Serve as liaison to campus community as president of the Creative Arts Club
Teamwork - collaborate, partnership, contribute, discuss
- Collaborated with team of five for class project to research and design curriculum
for after-school program to meet needs of multicultural student populations.
- In partnership with 15 classmates and faculty, successfully organized and planned
“Green Careers Week,” a career information event for students
Interpersonal - cultivate, develop, foster, interpret, understanding, relate
- Counseled and advised diverse populations while working as a peer advocate in the
Health Center at SJSU.
- Tutored and mentored high school students at Youth Works, an afterschool enrichment
program for under-represented youth.
Self-Starter - initiate, spear-head, establish, launch, implement
- Initiated and developed the concept for SJSU’s” Evening Art Walk”, an event where
creative arts students can showcase their final senior projects.
- Spear-headed planning for the Global Studies’ commencement ceremony as part of the
student leadership team.
Analytical - investigate, observe, discern, perceive, consider, evaluate, assess
- Assist in the evaluation and assessment of potential candidates for all administrative
support openings as human resources intern.
Flexibility - adapt, acclimate, adjust, modify, familiarize
- Demonstrated real time adaptability while providing excellent customer service as
shift leader in a busy retail environment
Multi-Cultural – collaborated on a team with students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- While interning at San Jose Advocates Foundation, effectively worked with colleagues,
supervisors, and clients from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
Computer Skills - maintain, monitor, build, calculate
- Maintained donor database using Razor’s Edge Software including processing all financial
donations (individual grants and corporate pledges).
- Updated organization website and published online reports and articles.
Attention to Detail - particularize, awareness, focus, attentiveness, concentrate
- Demonstrated attention to detail as coordinator of a four-day international conference
for student leaders. Developed agenda, scheduled speakers, and organized discussion
Problem Solving - clarify, strengthen, solidify, improve, increase, resolve
- Developed relationships with lawyers, physicians, and social workers in an effort
obtain health services for qualifying individuals
Organizational - prepare, goal setting, coordinate, direct, manage, arrange, meet deadlines, deliver
- Organized and brought together local artists from all over the San Francisco Bay Area
for fundraising and promotion a events
- Provided organizational support to staff including managing schedules, supply purchasing,
filing, preparing development materials, and coordination of meetings.
Global Awareness - global consciousness, understanding and knowledge of other cultures
- Gained experience in multi-cultural setting while studying and traveling abroad in
- Gained international counseling experience while participating in a summer internship
at the University of Zambia.
Critical Thinking - critique, evaluate, review, measure, examine, problem solving
- Evaluated and contacted prospective clients and talent agencies as production assistant
in commercial and industrial film projects.
Creativity – conceptualize, design, create, invent, generate, draft, formulate, devise
- Conceptualized and developed an on-going project for ESL students resulting in a publication
of the student’s autobiographical works for use as a learning tool for ESL teachers.
- Designed visual concept for Poets and Writers Coalition’s magazine launch.
Design and Planning - forecast, develop, prepare, calculate, project, anticipate, propose, outline, create
- Spear-headed project planning for local non-profit fundraising event including researching
possible venues and caterers, and recruiting volunteers.
- Designed innovative advertising materials for Annual School of Social Work Fair which
contributed to a 25% increase in attendance from the previous year.