Using Social Media in Your Job Search
Having a social media presence is one more way for you to market yourself, to develop networking connections, to join groups and be connected to resources in your field(s) of interest, and to be accessible to others who are seeking a person with your skills, qualifications, interests, and expertise.
Why Use Social Media?
- It demonstrates to employers that you are well versed in current internet and social media capabilities
- It helps you to develop and showcase your "personal brand" or your online profile
- It connects you to opportunities that are otherwise never made available to job seekers because they aren't posted on job boards
- It builds your professional networking contacts, which are crucial to your job search
- It makes you visible to hiring managers, recruiters, and other decision makers
Your profile communicates who you are, what you can do, and what makes you "special" based on your unique skills, talents, and interests.
Choose Your Site
Decide which social media tool you wish to use to market yourself.
Tips and Resources
Your online presence is an important part of your job search. Here are some quick tips for success.