So I'm a Global Studies Major, Now What?
A degree in global studies prepares students for a career in international relations, human justice and service agencies, global health and environment, travel and tourism, higher education, economic development, and U.S. government agencies such as Foreign Services, FBI and CIA. To learn more visit the Global Studies website.
Where Do My People Work?
Common Career Tracks
- Based on LinkedIn, SJSU global studies majors commonly work in education, community and social services, and operations. Common employers include Kaiser Permanente, Apple, and Cisco.
- Learn about the different career tracks on What Can I Do With My Major?
- Explore the 5 Career Tracks for Foreign Service Officers.
- Learn about U.S. Intelligence Careers.
- Research job titles at O*Net - Career Information Database.
- Research job statistics at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Where Do I Look for Opportunities?
Job, Internship, and Volunteer Opportunities
Check SJSU Handshake, SJSU's job and internship database exclusively for students.
General Job/Internship Boards
- USAJobs / Pathways Internships for Students/Recent Grads
- County of Santa Clara / Internships / Volunteer
- City of San Jose / Volunteer
- CA.gov (View List of Jobs by Major)
- U.S. Intelligence Careers
How Can I Get Involved?
How Can I Increase My Chances of Succeeding?
Job Search Tips
- Research company reviews, salaries, interviews, & benefits on Glassdoor.
- For more resources check out World Languages and Literatures, International Business, Global Operations, Education, Sociology, and Communication Studies.